Fiber Arts 2010 Journal Exchange.

My final artistic completion for 2009 is this journal cover exchange for Fiber Art Yahoo Group. It is quilted on postcard material, with charms, hand made bead, and beading. The insides and back covers are covered with Wallpaper, and I added yarns, to drap down for a book mark,, also added a 2010 calendar inside. In our exchange of ideas some one mentioned covering the "black" side with Duck Tape. I have some bright Orange that I use to cover sewing machine cords at Retreats.. The Orange is a bit wild, but does go with some of the fabrics. This group has a wonderful array of mixed media artists and I feel privileged to exchange art with them. I don't know how they do it all.. They have time management down to a science.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Hi Vivian...
    I just had to visit and am glad I did! Your journal is gorgeous! just love the colors you used and I think I prefer the sewn covers...lol! How like a sewer/quilter, eh? Well, do hope you find more time to play because your postcards are wonderful! Bet Hubby loves getting the cards...great idea
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment