Ties that Bind, & Day of the Dead Celebreation Quilt

"Ties that Bind" won second at the Yosemite Western Artists Juried Art Show. We had a great turn out for the show and a beautiful variety of art. Several of the Sisters 7 received ribbons and there was a wonderful reception with delicious food and spirited music. My friend Peggy donated some of her tatting pieces, and some of the silk was from other projects that the Yoyo's had been involved with. Further down in my blogs you can see how I started the piece

Each time I work on the blog, something surprises me or it does not work like I would think it would. With that said.. here is my Day of the Dead Celebration Quilt, with a blue ribbon from the Yosemite Western Art Show.. You can not see the detail, of applique flowers, beads, skulls, and clay beads that I brought home from Mexico eons ago.. Had lots of fun making it and will be on display in June at the Positive Living Centers Book Store in Oakhurst.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. thank you, Julie... Especially fun with you there. hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoohAwww! Love the Kite! Congratulations Vivian! Another beautiful piece of art:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kite is amazing Sistah Vivian as are you. and your blue ribbon quilt is outstanding. So glad this will be hung at The Mind Shop show.
    Hugs Back at you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment