Spring Flowers 2012- Happy Mother's Day



I found this plant many years ago at a plant garage sale. It has grown, and separated. I have shared it with friends and it is an amazing plant.

The leaves are like little razors, but the flowers are an amazing color and so very delicate. I have them in pots on my porch, and the winter cold in the 20's, has not fazed them. And we have hot summers,  many times the sun shines on them.. I might try one in the garden soil this year..
They are called Queen's Tears.  Today can have tears of Joy, or Sadness. Remember the Joy. Happy Mother's Day.


I am so very glad I took this photo of my new Dalia. Again it was the color that drew me. I lovingly planted it where I thought it would enjoy other plants. Yesterday, I was putting some little tomato plants in my garden, and noticed my Dalia laying on it's side. Perhaps a rabbit had taken a big bite on the stem..  Or it could have been a gopher, although the soil was just fine.
Worst part nothing else was eaten.. If animals have to take that bite, why don't they just eat the whole thing?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. A very lovely flower indeed Vivian.
    Thanks for sharing it.

    Cher

    www.http://cherylrezendes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment