Happy 4th of July



Today is the 4th. of July

My parents were born in the Netherlands, my mother immigrated to the U.S.A., in her teens.
My father was a Col. in the Dutch Air Force and assisted training pilots in the U.S.A. and all over the world. They had many stories to tell growing up in Holland during wars. They were the most patriotic people I have ever met. When ever we were in a place of tribute, as, at a parade and our American flag was flying, tears of blessing came to their eyes. They understood the meaning of Freedom.

When you are growing up, one does not hear all the stories, especially if your parents are older.
Most people of that time did not share. But from reading history, people that were raised from the 1900 were amazing strong people. They lived through many wars on many continents.

I am grateful for all the men and women that fight for our right to fly our American Flag.
May you also have that gift.
The gift of Freedom.

Posted by Picasa

Comments