J.A.Jance Mystery's, New Years



Happy New Year, eye catching start?

I am about Christmas storied out, and the news has been scary to say the least. I have a great deal of sympathy and empathy for people in difficult situations and my heart goes out to them.  But we all have to get a handle on our balance for life also. And right now T.V. is out.

I am reading all the recommendations for improving ones life and existence, to cleaning out the closets, to setting schedules, the " to do Lists",  weight and diets, positive attitude, and an array of other pieces of advise... But as I review these things that I read on my computer. My thoughts are that I might never make it to the kitchen to grab the last pieces of chocolate, or find the scale, because I have been sitting on my butt reading all that I "should" do, and haven't.

With all the rain, I decided that maybe I owed myself a time out, and looked through the stack of paper back books that have been growing on the very cluttered dusty shelf.. My son gave me a Kindle last year which first I must tell you, I love.. But at first I was a bit upset that he would spend his hard earned monies on "a computer device" for me.. Another electronic easy operating system to learn.

Still have not figured out Facebook very well, and that list could go on.  But to tell you the truth, I love my Kindle.  I exercise with it, catch quick emails, meditate, and read books, and I am sure I am missing how to do so many things like listen to music... but that is another story.

So in my "clean up, un-clutter" attitude, I read one book on the Kindle and take another book from my collection of paper back books that will go to the library when we are through with them.

Getting back to the photograph.  I have read many oh, so many of the J.A. Jance, Beaumont and Joanna Brady series, that I feel they are personal friends. Pulling another book from my stack I started with Web of Evil, opps, wrong order, but that is ok... I am now on track with Edge of Evil. I went J.A. Jance's site, and found there are so many more books in this series.. Yeah...  I love that the character Ali is a blogger, and I guess that is why this is probably my longest blog. I like looking at photographs on blogs, rather than reading too much. Ali's family  lives in Sedona, one of my favorite spots in the world.

I found out by going on the Jance web site that there are also the recipes for the Sugar Loaf Sweat Rolls, for those that bake. Also some other recipes that you read about in the books. I find these series easy reading and not gory. ( other than the title)

  Have I enticed you enough?  I am going to add the rest of her books to my I phone list, just in case I come across the next in the series.

Enjoy and relax on your New Years Day.. now I am off to the studio! Well maybe after one more chapter!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. You are so right. Sometimes we have to dive into a good book to balance all of the real and negative things that are happening in the world. Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for a good read when I am able to find some time in my busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I listen to my books while I quilt. I'll have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love J.A. Jance. I listen to her books on tape while working on my craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a Kindle but I have the Kindle "app" (gizmos I'm trying to figure out) and it lets you download books onto the computer (just no hand=held device). Gotta say I love it and many books are free for downloading.

    My tastes in books is very eclectic - my most all time favorite is a Stephen King book.

    An interesting one that isn't horror is Watership Down by G. Addams (I believe). Fantastic book that sucks you in and has you rooting for the....rabbits.

    We cut satellite service and don't feel like hours and hours of DVDs so we watch things on the computer and are doing a lot more reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment