Chalk Painting Day 2

Painting and waxing done.. To tell the truth, the waxing was harder on my hands then the painting with the brush.. I used a piece of cotton sheeting and wiped it on..  I forgot to tell you the colors, Sheepskin # 34845 FolkArt, and 34999 Sage Folk Art from Joannes.  I was anxious to finish, and bought some clear protect wax from True Value, because that is what we have here in the mountains. Amitha Verma,  is the brand they carry for the chalk paint and also the Clear Protect wax.

While I was at True Value, I decided to look at the knobs, because the handles that are on the chest are old brass and terrible looking. One was  broken..

I thought some wooden round ones would work but that did not happen like I had envisioned. The knobs were too wide. Just as well. decided to spray paint the metal knobs. I will pick up some glass knobs or another style for the 4 places at the bottom.   OH, yes, if I had thought about it I could have filled in the holes and drilled some new holes.  But I saved a ton of money using the old ones.. also all the knobs I looked at were not wide enough to fit the holes.  So spray paint came in handy in the long run.
Just a little left to do.  This was a learning lesson.  Can you see the little chips of paint on the wall.. I think that color is pretty good. Wonder about painting 3 of the walls with that color, or maybe two.
Hey, one step at a time.. I did not show you the mess the room is in..
Next time we are in Fresno, going to pick up some more of these colors of Chalk paint. And you will see what I decide to paint next in this room. 
Quilting is on hold for the moment.


Comments