Snow and more snow in the country, quilt retreat in March

Yes, we did have snow. It melted the minuet it hit the ground. Does not seem to affect the llamas in anyway. They eat, sleep and the world just goes round for them. We did have one pass on around New Years. It was a shock and not a great way to start the New Year. She was pretty old, it was sad, but the others did not act like anything happened.
We are on the down size mode, as so many of our friends are also. 8.5 acres are just too much to take care of as we get a "bit" older. Know anyone that wants to live near Yosemite? We are above the fog and below the snow. I have a great studio, big!
On the grey days I have been quietly working on some Hex's and I like to do hand work in the evening. Just a piece that I add on and will slowly make larger. One scrap at a time.  Enjoy English Paper Piecing.
As I am cleaning out to "downsize" as I mentioned. I found rolls of 1/2 square triangles. I could not pass up using them now. After all, if I use them I just have to pack the fabric already cut and ready to use. Think I am right? Also cutting scraps into 2.5 strips, 10 in. , 5 in., and 2.5in, Squares. They stack neatly in the boxes with specific color.  
Started with the peach colors because that plastic box was on top and handy. Set up in the great room to hear the T.V. and the wood stove is in this room, that way I don't have to heat the studio.
Won't show you how much fabric I have, but bet you have about the same. Will cut my hand dyes into 10 in. cuts. Maybe someone will want to buy them at the retreat our guild is having in March 7 for three days. This time I will really have items to work on. Last time sort of floundered and made carrier for my I phone. This time I plan to make progress and it will all go into a box!
Hope the snow melts at ECCO

The lake is partly iced over, but not strong enough to walk on. The swans were sailing around. Am going to take my tooth brush just in case, depending on the weather. We have a couple of weeks and anything can happen in that time.  Will show my progress. And would love any suggestions for downsizing a big studio with artists supplies, beads, buttons and too many ideas, and not enough time! Not to say anything about my quilt books.  Stay warm where ever you are!






Comments