Joy

I love working and creating with gourds. I found some jewelry gourds and learned the knotless netting technique I used on the body of the gourd figure.

The back of Joy is painted in blue and the inside with silver paint. I wove the knotless netting for the body and added strings of colorful beads. A found natural bead was just right  for her face. I used waxed linen cording for the adjustable necklace. “Joy” has a natural feeling of attachment to earth around us.

Joy:  Jewelry Gourd Necklace. 3 inches long, 2 inches across , Overall length 4”, inside painted silver, outside lightly stained turquoise blue, Waxed linen, 30 inches long adjustable by knotting. 17 strings of assorted beads, and silver metal stamped “Joy” attached by knotless netting

For Sale $45 and shipping is free in the USA. Please email me if interested

#creativity #gourd #jewelry #handmade #necklace

Comments