Gourd Spirit Necklace

Yes, I also play with gourds. I grew these little jewelry gourds several years ago. I have shown the different stages of creation. First you get a little dirty dried gourd, wash it very well, cut it in 1/2, sand off the rough edges, and clean out the inside..

Now you are ready to paint, or stain your gourd.. I like to spray it with a sealer before I use the wax linen thread to do the knotless netting technique. I learned this technique years ago from Lynn Everett in Orange Co.. She will be teaching April 17 & 18th. in Visalia, go to the Calif. Gourd Society Web site for more information. On these gourds I have used beads for the face area.. I complete them by adding beads, and charms.. People are surprised that they are a natural gourd. I love it when I see collectors wearing my pieces. It is all part of sharing friendship, and a love of nature.
Posted by Picasa

Comments