Fabric Post Cards- Fiberarttraders-

I thought I would show a few of the items I use when making a fabric post card.. This exchange with Fiber art traders are the mini bras. I use the single sided Pellon Peltex. I put on my base fabric or I piece fabric on the Peltex with my sewing machine.. Remember sharp needles. With the bra's I had backed the fabric with Pellon, cut out the pattern, ironed in place, and zig zaged around the bra. Then I can add what ever I want. On these I decided that silk flowers sewn on with beading. I added a fabric address side with Postmark stamped on it, and zig zaged around the whole card. Cut out some leaves and glued them under the flowers. Let that dry, and addressed the other side.
Our post office is very nice, some are not so kind..I take these to the post office, and put the stamps on, then they hand stamp them, (extra cost) and I placed these postcards in special clear envelopes, (which can be purchased at ClearBags on the net, and some times at Wall-mart), because of the silk flower. If it were a flat postcard with out the floppy items on it, I would send with out the clear envelope on them.. All fabric postcards carry an extra charge. I am looking forward to teaching some postcard classes. .Contact me if you are interested.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. These are just lovely.
    Hope you had a nice Easter
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful...hug, hug

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment