Yosemite Mountain Quilters-cuddle quilts


Attended our local Yosemite Mountain Quilters meeting and we had lots to share. We always have cuddle quilts to make. Blocks are cut by a group of ladies and bagged with batting and backing. Kathy and I each took a bag at our Ecco retreat and set the squares randomly, but we added a twist. I brought fabric paints and some plain fabrics. The ladies all came out to have their hands painted so that they could put them on the fabric and we incorporated them in the quilts.. We wanted people to know that these were made locally with love in our hearts for those in need. Laura was kind enough to do the quilting on her long arm and we each do the binding after that. I still have to do the binding by hand. I guess it is having that last connection to any quilt.
We will be showing these at the Art, Music and Dinner in the Meadow, at the Coarsegold Historical Museum on June 5th.. Be sure to get your tickets ahead of time.. I will be writing more at a later date.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This sounds so exciting. I envy all of you for quilting. I made one quilt in my life and said that would be the ONLY quilt I would make. I didn't really know what I was doing and so the whole ordeal was very difficult and frustrating. So when I see beautiful quilts I appreciate the time and effort that went into it.
    Happy Easter
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment