English Paper Piecing- pink Yosemeti sweat jacket.

I was not sure what order to put the photos in.. but decided to show the end result first.. I am selling English Paper Piecing products and want to make some easy projects that spark the imagination. When I saw this pink hooded zippered jacket at CVS on Sale, I thought at first I have enough of those and then it came to me.. decorate for the season,, ok, so it is not red.. But I do live near Yosemite and I had coupons from CVS.. so what better then to make a few hexagons to spruce it up..
Speaking of Spruce, I guess if it were the holiday colors I could have put trees on it, maybe next time. I love these zippered fronts.. I have the paper hexagon shapes and looked through my stash, thinking flowers. The shapes are hand sewn together, while watching T.V. Less calories when not eating and sewing. When complete, I pressed them after spraying with Best Press then took out the papers to reuse later. I put Wonder Under on the wrong side, trimmed away the excess and ironed the pieces in place on the shirt.
Layering, of course, the leaves down first and then the flower.. I used the button hole stitch by hand with 2 threads of Embroidery Thread.

I enjoy hand work, connecting with the fabrics, enjoying my stash of Spring Flowers, while a rain storm is blowing out side. This is also a cozy quiet project, while a warm fire is crackling in our wood stove. Would make a delightful gift for the holidays..
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Post a Comment