Water color painting, this and that

Several months ago I was at a Kathleen's retreat.. It was fun to have my watercolors to play with again.. We were also gluing all sorts of pits of colored paper. Years ago I did a series of paintings with rice paper. I enjoyed the day.

It is still raining, but the river is going down a bit and we could cross to our "island".. It is amazing to watch the strength of water as it flows by. The size of the logs that just zip past are unbelievable.. One is stuck in the rocks it must be at least 15 ft long and about 3 ft around.. unfortunately at this time we can not get to it,, would like to have it for firewood.. maybe it will be there if the river does not rise again to that height.

We stopped in Oakhurst for errands and more yarn... and had lunch at the Chinese Rest. and will have left overs for dinner. I was cleaning out my wallet when I found other Chinese cookie sayings: "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire".., "When in doubt, let your instincts guide you".. Very true, We just need to listen. "Your clever mind will lead you to many rewards." Hey , I agree with that one ! And I love this one, " You'll accomplish more later if you have a little fun this week-end." I really like that one,, just purchased some yarn while in town, might just relax in front of the fire, and knit another cowl.. Hope you are enjoying your week-end or the one coming up..
Posted by Picasa

Comments