Tri County Art Show

I was very lucky at the Tri County Art show this week-end... I entered the "Sounds of the Mountains" Challenge piece and won a second for it.. Delighted. Color is a bit off with the lighting but it does show the quilting and peg boards are not the best to hang on either.

We were very fortunate to have the College let us use 2 rooms to show the variety of art. We usually are at another location but with costs and expenses the Asso. could not afford the rent. This worked out very well and we were able to have the show in Oakhurst again.

Tri County Art Show has had a 25 year run. This year there were about 100 entries, oil, watercolor, pastels, sculpture, digital photography, photography, and Fiber. Each year I am amazed by our mountain Artists.. Many of them will be showing in the Sierra Art Trails for 3 days the first week-end in Oct.


My piece "Moss" attracted the attention of the judge.. I had this piece of bark for a long time, and was just itching to do something with it.

I did apply a wood hardener because I did not want the bark to fall apart and felt it needed something soft washing over it. So I chose hand dyed cheese cloth to weave and sew through it with my hand dyed Pearl cotton, glass, clay and wood beads.

Love Blue Ribbons!
Posted by Picasa

Comments