Inspiration, Prayer Flags.

How does inspiration start... I have no idea where it comes from, it is just there..

Recently I have been making Prayer Flags for the Prayer Flag Project.. There is a specific size and dimension. However, today I was looking at my junky table tops, gathering items for the demo I am doing tonight at the guild on Oil Paintstiks.. and started to play around with the Chinese coins that a friend gave me.

She has been generous and given me lots of her costume jewelry. And I was thinking of her when I started playing with paints, and letters. Many times we have spoken of Peace, and she mentioned today that they enjoy sitting outside to eat their meals.

So making a Prayer Flag for her just came to me. I started with green hand dyed fabric, stamping with various items, hand dyed threads, variegated stitching, coins and dyed barbecue sticks...

They have a lovely patio, so maybe she will hang it there. They are great fun to make and are nice gifts for the holidays. I plan to make more to show and sell in my booth for Sierra Art Trails.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. What a great idea to give prayer flags as gifts! Hope you don't mind if I use it. Love your latest one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment