Yurt and Stargate

Sometimes we fall in to interesting opportunities. Opportunities, where we learn and enjoy a new journey.. I attend the Positive Living Center in Oakhurst and on occasion we have speakers who come to the mountains and announcements are made that are fascinating.

On a Fri. night there was to be a mini meditation workshop with Prageet and Alcazar, in a Yurt.

I could not pass up this opportunity. So with my friend, Joyce, we ventured to the northern area of Oakhurst, and River Falls Road... We have lived here for 11 years, and I have never been down this road.. I will show photos of the waterfall later, but for now I will tell a little about our meditation..
There were about 10-15 of us in attendance. Above is a photo of the Stargate. Some sat in the Stargate and others of us laid on mats around it to meditate.. To tell the truth, I could not bend myself up like a pretzel to climb in the Stargate, but really would have liked to meditate in there..Need to work on Yoga... on my list of to do's.

Prageet put on beautiful music and started to speak as Alcazar. It was interesting and soothing. I really don't remember very much, other than listening to the music, enjoying the moment of calm, and feeling refreshed.

It does not matter where you meditate, just sit quietly and enjoy the moment. With all our distractions during the day, remember to give your mind and body time to focus on its self. A quiet place in a wild churning world.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. A quiet place in a wild and churning world ... lovely! And, it was lovely to have this experience with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment