Love It, Don't Leave It

Trying my hand at making a stencil was a bit of a challenge. Did not want it to fall apart, guess I was thinking this day, as it worked.

The Stewart Gill paints from Scotland are expensive at the Quilt shows, but so worth it.. Love the colors and the feel. It goes on beautifully, for rubber stamping and for stenciling.

Started by laying the pieces on my design wall. There is one batik, the rest are my hand dyes, rubbings, stampings and stenciling. It has beading, hand embroidery, little rocks, crystals, and found objects.
Free motion machine quilting and addition of my hand dyed Pearl Cotton.

The green with the painted figures was a "scrap" piece that I was experimenting on, and had put in the "stash" pile..  Oh, so happy I kept it.. you never know where something might fit...

"Love it, Don't Leave it", is almost finished in this photo.. I have added a few more items. It was accepted into the juried show, "Our Wild Lands".  The Reception is in Oakhurst at the Stellar Gallery on Sat. November 12th.

Hope to see you there.
Posted by Picasa

Comments