Quilts in the Attic- Karen S. Musgrave

Quilts in the Attic is a fascinating book. I recommend it to anyone that loves reading history and quilts in particular. Many of the designs and names of quilt blocks are familiar to quilters. However, now we can see how the history was followed and the research that Karen has accomplished.  Quilts in the Attic is very interesting to non quilters, and genealogists.. It is about friendship, families, and our country.
 It reminds us of the challenges some families have gone through, and how the quilt has been handed down in  the best and the worst of times. The quilt has survived and in many cases the story, the emotions and the lives of the past have been honored.

I met Karen through Postmarkd'art and over the years we have become e-friends. She has demonstrated how one person can do so much and share her thoughts and achievements beautifully. If you would like to know more about Karen Musgrave, please check out her site and her blog.

We are in the middle of a Quilt Challenge and the format is Rayna Gillman's new book, "Create your own Free-Form Quilts". Another accomplishment of Karen's, is to bring quilters together in a common bond... Friendship.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Vivian,
    Thanks for the write-up on the book; it is on my wish list and I will definitely purchase it for my library shelves.
    I, too, am working on the challenge with the 50's fabric. It has been so much of a stretch for me and I shall have my photos posted on Monday..not totally quilted by then, but ready for the photo shoot.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, I am so happy that you enjoyed the book! And the challenge. You are too wonderful for words! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment