English Paper Piecing

My dear friend Ann Kimble gave me this beautiful English Paper Pieced top. This was in exchange for the knitted hat I made for her.. I kept looking at it all year, and decided to take it to camp  for suggestions on how to quilt it.. As much as I love hand quilting, lots of time is involved in that, so I knew I had to do machine quilting.

After chatting about the variable ways of completing the task.. I sat down at my sewing machine and just started hoping that ideas would come, and fast.. Echo quilting was what first came to mind,, then I thought I should add some leaf shapes. I could stuff some green yarn and really make them trupunto, how ever.. Isn't it fun to have something finished.. You can't see it, but I used variegated threads on the sides and in the lower block areas.. This was fun and it even has the binding and sleeve! Now, I can hang it and really enjoy! Done is so wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

Comments