Sun Spots- SAQA



 A quilt teacher named Cara Gulati  came  to our Sierra Mountain Quilt Asso. and gave a trunk show and a class on piecing curves.
It was a fun class, although I really have done these sorts of curves before.  I  believe in supporting our local guild when I can. And I have never attended a class where I did not learn or relearn something..

 Cara, has a wonderful way of looking at color and showing the blending, pointing out color changes and how to compare them.  I did not plan to do a complete quilt. This block hung on a board for a long time, with not much thought given to it.

Then came a call out by SAQA regarding donations of 12" X 12" quilts for their fund raiser. I looked at the block with a different eye. And thought why not send this in.. I have not participated with their fund raiser before and hope that some one will also like this quilt.  So Sun Spots was completed, with lots of free motion quilting and some beading.  Great way to work on blocks that you have made in a class and did not want to finish the whole project.

If you have completed 3 blocks, those can be worked into  a long wall hanging or table decoration.

Great way to move those UFO's and not feel guilty.. Did I say that.. .never feel guilty,, UFO's are just waiting for the right opportunity to expand!
Posted by Picasa

Comments