Exeter, Wild Flower Cafe




Exeter California is a lovely little town in the  Central valley, near Visalia. We stopped there for lunch to meet the ladies that were attending the annual Meditation Retreat at St. Anthony Retreat in Three Rivers. I am a member of the Positive Living Center, in Oakhurst and our lovely leader for the week- end was Joanne Burgess.


Exeter is a town known for their wall murals. After we had a delicious lunch at the Wild Flower Cafe, my  friend Sandee and I had the opportunity to walk around town taking lots of photos.


The murals are amazing, around every corner is a new surprise of grandeur size paintings, depicting much of the history of the area.  Little plaques tell about each one, the artist and the sponsor.

The cafe has a delightful patio and across the court yard is a beautiful gift shop.. Many of the ladies bought new earrings and scarfs to wrap themselves in at the Retreat



It was a perfect day with fluffy white clouds and a gentle breeze.
I was also impressed by the beautifully kept pocket parks. Green grass makes everything so inviting.


Families were sitting on the grass playing with their children and there is a very relaxed feeling about the town.
As you can see it was a perfect day for taking pictures of the murals.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I love towns with murals! I always take photos of them, so I especially enjoy seeing these. Have a wonderful retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful ... I love murals also and will put Exeter on my list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment