Past Art, Oil



Eons ago, I enjoyed oil painting and was fortunate enough to live near Laguna Beach, Ca. There are amazing art teachers and art guilds to be inspired with in that area..My friends and I enjoyed visiting and taking classes, along with strolling along the board walks and looking at the abundance of galleries.

This painting  hangs in our "office".  It evokes  peacefulness and it is a pleasure to mentally enter the painting to "ground" myself. At the time of painting, I am sure I never had those thoughts, probably too young to need to go to that "space"..

Do you have a painting that you can escape into, center yourself, and meditate?
Can you lose yourself in a painting... what type? A particular Artist? One of your paintings, or quilt that you might wrap yourself in with fond memories?

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Vivian. I love the dreamy quality of your painting and can see how it would be calming to view.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment