Reflective Water, completing the Back



"Reflective Water" was hanging, rather setting at Timberline  Gallery for last months Theme, " River, Streams and Lakes" The show has changed now, to  Chris Sorenson's Show, but more about that in an other blog.  This piece is hand painted on fabric, as I might have mentioned before. There has been a bit of a discussion on how to finish the backs of fiber art  mounted on gallery wrap canvas.


I prefer a finished back, which means not seeing the mess I might have made while stitching the piece to the canvas.  I also give the canvas 2 coats of acyclic paint, front, sides and back. Add a piece of felt to cover the back, and glue that on with glue that will dry clear.

Then I screw in the little copper brackets at the sides, after hammering a starting hole.
Add the picture hanging wire, and wrap the ends with tape.

When hanging at an art show, nothing worse then getting cut by the raw ends of the wire.

I also hang an envelope from the wire, with a signed certificate of Authenticity that has a photo of the piece.

Yes, this piece is for sale.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Nice finishing techniques.This piece is one of my favorites of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment