Family Wedding




 They are now married and I can post about  one of the gifts.

What do you get a couple when they have been together for years? I am in the middle of dead lines for shows, but I can never sit at night at the sewing machine, too tired.  But I need something to keep my hands busy in the evening while watching T.V.  Due to Arthritis, my hands hurt and can only work on hand work for a little while.

I decided to hand embroider Pillow Cases with Red work. Carmel and R.J. and the reverse on the other pillow case.

I searched through my fonts till I found one that I knew would transfer to hand work. Enlarged them to the size which would work, added some flowers and design with red pigma pen.  This of course after taking the stitching out of the pillow ends.  Hand embroidered and then sewed the sections back together.

 I love doing hand work, and have some Red Work blocks some where in my stash to finish into ....... I 'm not sure,, but one of these days, they will go together.

I hope they like them.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Post a Comment