Grocery - Healdsburg



I found a Safeway Store to purchase some water and sodas. Bishop's Ranch is not one of those places that I think I could purchase some Sprite at, and I need my 1 a day.

I don't remember ever seeing Lemon Grass in our local store.



I like to wander into the fruit and veggie area of stores, colors and shapes are amazing.  Some of these "veggies" I would not know how to cook with or what to do for spices etc. Now, this is one ugly veggie.
I suppose in the right hands it might be delicious.



Chayote Squash.  Our granddaughter is a Vegatarian... and I am sure she would know what to do with this..
This is all too healthy for me,, off to find the chips.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Haha!!! Chayote is just chopped up and used like any other squash. It's a little firmer that zucchini or yellow crookneck, but it essentially tastes the same. Just has to be cooked a little longer. I wasn't surprised by the food items, but the prices are pretty darn steep. I guess that is why I try to grow most of my produce. The prices have seemed to really go up as of late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment