Healdsburg, Ca.



Healdsburg is a darling little town with a center square of trees and a park.
I am not good at sitting still, and I had some time before I was suppose to go to Bishop's Ranch.
I wandered the square and enjoyed the beauty.. My hubby and I had been here many years ago, and what I remembered, was not a center square to full of trees, my they have grown. And the smell of bread baking.. No, smell of bread. I found out the bakery had moved, but you still could buy the bread in one of the stores.


Most of the people I saw were in the wine tasting stores, eating ice cream, chatting and strolling.
There is a book store with some very interesting books, and I was impressed by this chandelier that is all spoons. Many Galleries and small shops.



Fabrications is the name of the Fabric Store/Quilt Store that is also in the square. I had a delightful time chatting with the lady, never did ask if she is the owner, silly me.

And, of course, I had to buy some Hand Dyed Fabric by Louise Smith.. I tried to find out if she is on the web, but could not track anything down.  


The piece I bought is a bit darker but similar design, in rust and dark colors. I think I will just look at it for a bit.. It has a lovely shine to it. 
Posted by Picasa

Comments