Quiet days



Quiet Days, We all need quiet days, days of rest, relaxation, meditation and sometimes silence.

As some of you know I love taking photos of chairs and really have a good series of photographs.

Empty chairs are calling for someone to just sit and enjoy the surroundings.  This photo was taken at the last retreat I attended.. Sadly, I could not enjoy a moment in those chairs, because due to my ankle I could not walk there.

But as I look at this photo I can once again enjoy the peace and quiet that it symbolizes. That moment of joy, contemplation. No matter where you are, you can enjoy a moment of rest, a moment with self,
that quiet moment.

You don't need a view, you can close your eyes, and visualize where ever you would like to be.  The ocean, with the waves, and a cool breeze, or a tropical beach somewhere with a warm breeze...

 Where ever, make it your time.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. You are so right. I hope your ankle is on the mend. I have been busy making wall hangings out of the Kona cotton fabric I dyed during your class. Just three yards of hand-dyed fabric and a few strips of commercial batik has ended up making about 150 4 x 4" blocks. I keep laughing about how they just seem to be coming out of nowhere. So many!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment