Yosemite Western Artists, Art Show



"Beneath Our Feet",   is the piece I entered into Yosemite Western Artist Art Show. The quilt is a photo I took in Orange County, and printed on fabric.  At first I thought I might add more fabric to it, but decided that it has a strong design motif, and did machine quilting to give the metal dimension.

 Some of the areas have leaves and  debris that add to the design element. I included various sizes of beads  for added texture.

The binding is fabric that I hand dyed.

Was just notified, I won a First Place Ribbon!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Vivian.
    What a perfect photo for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is very different than most of your work. Some good design choices there. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super quilt Vivian. Congratutaions on the recognition. It's well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love your quilt -- very graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all for stopping in and sharing encouragement. It is sooooo appreciated..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment