Stephan Wanger - bead artist -Denham Springs, Louisiana



We were in Denham Springs to visit Ralph's Aunt.  We had the opportunity to wander the Historic Antique area for a little while,, I say little while, because it was soooo hot and humid.


There were many antique places, one next to the other, for several blocks all tempting.
I had decided that this trip we would not go from Quilt store to quilt store, as we have in the past. This time I was in search of some bead stores. So I asked if they had one close by.  I ususally was pointed at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.. and that was not what I was looking for.


This time the owner of the Theater Antiques directed us to an exhibition of BEAD ART at City Hall.


City Hall was near by and we made it before we totally melted onto the side walk.

Stephan Wanger's art is amazing, each one of those beads are the Mardi Gras beads, salvaged from New Orleans.   We took tons of photos,


but I will not show all of them, just a few to wet your appetite. If you ever have the opportunity to see his art in person.. GO, click on his name above and visit his site..


This is one whole wall, I might guess about 10 ft. long. 


Sometimes one gets really lucky on a trip. Seeing the unplanned is what makes a trip so memorable in so many ways. 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Glad you got to see this. I agree with you about the larger chain stores. You don't have to go on vacation to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it and marveled at his patience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment