Kennedy Space Center



We sadly left Delray Beach. I say that because we did not have the opportunity to explore more of the city. It is a city over flowing with restaurants, things to see, art, and the ocean.
What more could you ask for?

I had been emailing with friends while on the trip and Peggy emailed and said we have to stop at Kennedy Space Center.  Ok, we were tired, it was rainy, so we pulled into the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn.


Ralph has been doing all the driving and I am the navigator.  He is tired so we decided to spend a day or so in this area.  Oh. we are soooo glad..
Since I have the camera handy, and I want the grandchildren to see their grandfather, more than me..I put him in more photos.  Mostly when I take photos they don't include people, but in this case, you have to be able to enjoy the size of these rockets so you need comparison.



We were lucky the day started out warm, and cloud free, we were a bit late getting here. So we  bought the tickets just for the visitor Complex.  That alone is an all day + excursion.


It was busy, but it is large with sooooo much to see and learn. We went to the Imax Theaters, "Eye on the Universe" The Hubble Space Telescope and  "Space Station" all in 3 D.   I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed the information and how it is presented.  These were two features that totally overwhelmed me. With many displays beautifully presented.  So much to learn and think about.
Our world is so amazing.

There is a new display that opened June 29th.



Thankfully, they let people in to explore while they are working on it.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great place to visit and a welcome change from all of your driving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment