No, Not Halloween, Yet.


 When we have a special birthday, we should celebrate in a special way. So a decision was made to give our dear friend a "block"..  Nothing like another unfinished project!..   So I searched through my bins of scraps.. But first....  Went to a guild meeting and Sharon Templeton, the Chaotic Quilter was giving a trunk show. She rightfully said, Bits and Pieces, instead of Scraps and to look through our INVENTORY... Now there is something important sounding about the word inventory instead of STASH... But I digress.  ( By the way she had us laughing, and her quilts are beautiful. Her message, Have FUN, I agree),

Our friend loves Spiders at Halloween, not sure about other times, but we shall indulge her.
It must be the timing, because on my Om email today it said: "The feminine energy of spiders reminds us that we have the ability to weave our lives into strong beautiful works of art."

So I set everything aside, and proceeded with the block, after all there is a calling from the computer world. Turn the computer off and don't pull up Pinterest. Talk about addictive!


I dug through my "Inventory" and found some Halloween fabric, and an Orange backing piece.
Printed the saying on Organza, and proceeded to cut apart the pieces to create the block design.
I mounted it all with Mistyfuse.

That is two items done in a couple of days.. I am on a roll!

Comments