Tee Shirts, transfigured

It is the time of year that we start to think about changing out the closet for winter clothes.  That means to move T Shirts from one place to another.   And I am getting sick of some of the T-shirts with wording and pictures on them. Also I have a collection of Sierra Art Trails T Shirts. Ok.. so I hate to throw out a good shirt, but they are taking up space in my closet.

California has a new law that will go into affect in Jan... no plastic grocery bags.. I save mine for other uses, so not sure how I will replace them, but I now have a use for all those Colorful T- Shirts.. Make them into bags.. and here is how I am doing it.

Yes, I am putting the good ideas that I Googled together,, lay the shirt flat and cut around the sleeve leaving the seam for strength. Can use the sleeve for dust cloth later.

Use a dinner plate and lay it over the neck area. Size is your choice, marking with pencil the out line, and cut the neck out. 

That is easy so far.  Next for the bottom.





Turning the shirt inside out, I pinned the bottom together. I left the seam on at the bottom for strength, and rolled it up and machine stitched  both sides together, then rolled it up again, or you could double stitch for strength.

Now I have 3 bags that I can put anything in.. groceries, or what ever. Thinking I might fill one with my yarn project and sketching projects to take with me on retreat. Also one for the paper towels, and paper goods to take along..  These fold up nice, or just stuff in the back seat.. Off to check out my husbands closet.. his T- shirts are bigger!





Comments