2015, Long List, Clean-up, Organize, Ha!


We all set goals for the New Year, well maybe not all of us, but I try. I am getting the "piecing" bug, something I really don't do very often.

I started in one small area of the studio, very small area, and  looked through the mess, sorting as I went.
 You all know about this if you have a studio or not, there is always something in a mess somewhere, it might be your closet or your kitchen.

I found some plastic bags stuck in a corner, pulled them out and what did I find, but some exchange friendship blocks. Some from eons ago.

How can I consolidate, make 3 UFO's into one wall hanging. I also took another class from Charlotte Rogers on Creating your Personal Face in Fabric. this is the second time I have taken the class because we enjoy her so much, and she is an informative teacher.  It is great fun, with lots of laughter as we combed through the fabrics.

My initial idea was to put lots of my separated earring parts on the piece also.. What do you do with earrings you don't wear any more?
This was going to be my way of clearing that out also.

In putting the different blocks up, I noticed that maybe just maybe I can somehow, make all the blocks and the Personal Portrait into one "art" piece, wall hanging.

And so it hangs in my studio, now to find my sewing machine! What did I put that under?

Comments