Spots on my Sweat Shirt!

I was nice and cozy warm in my turquoise sweat shirt. Then the spaghetti I was eating chose to jump on the front in nice red blotches. Off to the washing machine with this and a few more dark garments.

Did it wash out as I would have wished... NO!. So all I could do was to dye it.. I did my usual ice dyeing and had a vision in mind.. But then I pushed the release button too often on the Washer and the the washer said, "enough", and stopped working. So for many days the jacket sat in the dyes...and when the washer was finally working, and Vivian was reminded on how to push the safety button  with out jamming it, I plunged the jacket into the wash.  Not, what I really wanted or had in mind for the end result.

A little stencil work was in order.  I used fabric paint, and a stencil I picked up at Joanne's. I must say they make the plastic so thin, I wonder if the  stencil will last through a few applications. I used a silvery paint so it would show against the variety in the back ground.  Now,  what else can I try on the sweat shirt, and should I tell you that I got a little bit of paint in the wrong spot. I tried some dark paint over that, some how that did not work either. hummm now what.

You really can't see it too well, but I glued beads on some of the areas in the design.. Will they wash off? That remains to be seen.. according to the glue, it should last. And that paint that was not supposed to be where it went, it got a dark bead glued over it.. Not showing that goof!  Maybe you will see it if you catch me wearing the sweat shirt.



Comments