What a year this has been, Onward. Postmarkd'art, Fabric Postcards.

A Story- Postmarkd'art

I started making Fabric Postcards in about 2006, it has been a wonderful time of meeting the most amazing ladies.  The postcards have traveled all around the world.  My e friend Franki Kohler wrote a book, Fun Fast & Easy, Fabric Postcards, about how to make fabric postcards and at that time and since, more articles have been written. Don't want to forget Bonnie Sobel and Louii-Philippe O'Donnell with their book Positively Postcards,through That Patchwork Place.
Judi Warren wrote a book also, but way before the wild fun, Fabric Postcards, 1993, with the American Quilters Society.  All the books are amazing and very different. I think the email and internet was a big boost to the activities.  Many of my e-friends are in Aussie Land, New Z, England, and Europe. Some turn out to be almost next door in the U.S.A.   I have 13 white binders full of the amazing cards. Have even had some hanging in art exhibitions, quilt shows and others have been sold or commissioned. 

Fabric Postcards have been a great project for our YoYo group, some are silly, others are really works of art. These cards have brought a smile to sad faces, laughter at difficult times, and admiration for the beauty they contain. 
This year I am going to pass on making fabric postcards. I do it with a heavy heart and hope that I can continue keeping in touch with many of these wonderful ladies. 
 



Comments