Colorful Cauliflower, Madera Arts Ag Show.


On top of everything the Reception for the Ag Art Show at Madera Circle Gallery was the day before Judy Andes and I had to install our art work for Sierra Art Trails.
I put 2 pieces in the Show, one gourd, and this piece called "Colorful Cauliflower."
 
Several months ago Ralph and I were at Kaiser Hosp. for a Dr. appoint. It was the same day they have their weekly Veggie Market. I was so impressed with the many colors of cauliflower that I took several photos. Then I printed the photo on fabric after changing it in a Waterlogue App.  Used my hand dyes for the border, and painted a Gallery Canvas with a purplish acrylic paint. I always enclose the back with black felt. 

Ralph had a Dr. appoint. that day for a recheck on the surgery on his shoulder.  We were tired but really wanted to attend the Reception. Some days end with a wonderful award.
 
When entering an art show with mixed media art, one never knows what will happen. So I am delighted to be included and have a fiber piece given an Honorable Mention. We were all given  beautiful looking certificates printed by the Calif. State Legislature, and signed by Frank Bigelow our District 5 Assembly-member.
We were very happy that we went. It was a lovely reception with music, munchies and an excellent attendance. I did not take any photos because I was more concerned about keeping Ralph's arm from getting bumped in the crowd.

All the Ag entries are still at Circle Gallery in Madera, Ca. and most are for sale.  There is some amazing art and well worth stopping in to see all the different styles. I think every entry is a winner. Madera Circle Gallery is not open every day, so check out the hours on Facebook or their web site.

My plan is to get back to writing my blogs, with all that was going on I really missed sharing with friends and hearing from you. 

I did something crazy, but will tell about that later on,, maybe next week.. now, to clean out the studio!
 


Comments