December 31, At Home in Coarsegold, Ca.

As I look out our windows at the changing weather, I am reminded of the beauty that is around us. How thankful we are for the gift of nature and it's beauty.. Just last month this area was about 6 ft. deep in water. For the moment the Fresno River is running just behind that tree with rain expected in the next few days. We have a front row seat to see the wild water running towards the lake below. We are in such need of water in Calif. The sad part is that it is all sent to the ocean and not kept for the agriculture in our area not to mention the building that is going on in the Valley. But that is for another time..
New Years is for Gratitude, for planning and for sharing. Yes, we all make New Years Resolutions, mine, top of the list, to stay healthy.  We had some challenges these last couple of years. The other is to do the things from last years list.. .Yes, I kept that list!  Silly me.
I started with the Studio,  or a part of it..
Now this mess can be looked at 2 ways.. 1. Creatively, as most everything is exposed. 2. Total insanity, and can't find a thing or it takes me twice as long.                   
Well, I started to clear it up, and realized I want more of the little stacking boxes.. that might help. But Joanne's is 40 miles away, onward.
Progress, I found the top of the table... So now for the "quilting" area.  I found the top of that table also and my cutting mat, then got side tracked with looking for a project I knew was somewhere.. I won't bore you with those photos, but I did take out two trash bags of project photos I know I will never do. Gone are the days of the fancy vests, and I have several that are finished in the closet that have not been worn in eons.
Our cats Mustache and Peaches like to sit on this arbor about 8 ft. high. Great for sun bathing and a wonderful look out spot. I like to think they are looking to the future 2017. Their life consists of eating, sleeping, and enjoying life, as I see to most of their needs.. they in turn share moments of purring, love, and limited hugs.
As humans, we look to the future in various ways, what is planned for the next year, what will I accomplish, have I committed myself to too many gatherings? Love, Friendship,  "And so it goes", to coin a phrase a dear Dutch Aunt once said." How will I make this year different from last year?"  I love to look at all some ladies  on line that accomplish so much with their quilting, art and life, so  motivating. They must have  more hours than I do, or maybe they have a maid.. Thankfully, I am older and have "retired", but I did those things when I worked full time also.. That is a thought, there must have been more hours in the day when I was younger.
Do you have that issue also?

Thank you for Sharing, and look forward to hearing from you in 2017.
Happy New Year.
 






Comments