Happy 4th of July and maybe a little quilting

Have a wonderful safe 4th. of July.. Being Patriotic has been a memory for all of my life. Long story, but I was brought up having Parents whose roots came from Holland. Not just their roots, but born there, and my "mother" immigrated here in her 20's. My Dutch father was a teen in the Dutch military in WWI and defended Holland, then continued until he retired after WWII from the Dutch Air Force. During the war the Dutch with Americans defended Australia and other countries. To speed this up, I was adopted, in 1942 when the Dutch were stationed in Mississippi.  So I was born American. Much later in my life I found my biological family, and that is a blessing to have  brothers and family in  that State. But recently a friend that belongs to the DAR researched and found that many of my relatives fought for the Independence of America.. So my Patriotism goes way back.
I tear up every time I see a Parade, our flag held high, and feel so blessed to live in this country. Yes, we traveled to many countries and thankfully, always came back to the U.S.A. So I celebrate with much love for this country.  Happy 4th. Blessings for All..

Comments