The Greatest Family - What should I prepare or quilt?

Last year we had all that rain, and  the water really made a mess of our river area.  We were never in any danger, but our beautiful trees have debris about 10 feet up in their branches. From up stream, old fencing and logs wrapped themselves around anything that was left standing. This is a photo of Ralph and I checking out what had happened..  Our great kids wrote in the letters, and it is so true. Glad they know  how we feel about each other.

We are so blessed to live near  the river, and see it daily. Birds. deer and all sorts of animals run by.. Oh, yes, the occasional Mountain lion, and bob cat.. Each morning I am awaken to the voice of an owl in a near by tree.. The best.

This is where inspiration comes from.. how lucky we are, and each day we look at this beautiful area. For those that don't know where this gorgeous land is, you pass it on the way to Yosemite, from Fresno.


Everyone seems to be down sizing or wondering what to do with all their fabric.  Each day I read about ideas on what to do, 2.5" squares, no maybe 5"squares, and 2.5" strips.. ok, honesty.. I thought that is a great idea.. pulled my pinkish color box and throw them in the wash, then Iron and Cut.. they would  take up less room in the box.. When I looked at the plain colors, I though, hummm , could dye those, but have too much dyed fabric and so many are using plain fabric.. and maybe some of these are not so ugly... Oh, darn there is already a clothes wash going.. So I did the unthinkable, and put the box back in the stack.. Back to business.. need to describe some more necklace gourds..
Hope you are having a productive day!



Comments