Presentation at the Genealogical Group in Fresno

Several weeks ago I  was asked to give my quilt presentation, " From the Traditional to the Art Quilt.". It was a fun evening, with about 50+ in attendance, and some men. They teased my hubby/ assistant. I had to tell that I took over, what was the attached garage to the house, and my studio still exploded over that.  I start out with the first quilt I ever made, and progress thru to the art quilts.  The quilt above is Purple Sun Bonnet Sue. Everyone has to make just one, or more Sue's.
One of my helpers that evening.. so thankful for that assistance. Variable Toile was started at camp, and was displayed at Houston International . It is featured in the book 500 Traditional Quilts.
Since I was speaking at a library, I felt that it would be nice to show a quilt that came from the book Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt.  I made it for my granddaughter. The book is by Deborah Hopkinson, Some say that the book is not factual, it is a story and another view of history in the South, and the Underground Railroad.
I really have fun giving the Presentation and exhibiting my quilts.  Several of my art Quilts are on my web site and are some are for sale, more to be posted.  I do have prints of several of the quilts. However the web is in process, and I have not posted everything. It is hard to work on quilting, yard work in beautiful weather, jewelry and art for the gallery and think about the long trip we will make this summer. More about that later.

Also, if you are just coming across my blog be sure to sign up if you are not receiving my notice in your email. There was a change and I lost all my followers. Yes, upsetting.. So please sign up.. Plan this summer is to stop at quilt stores on the way East.. should be fun.  More about that later.






Comments