Back, and on our way to Chris at the Disfunctional Quilters Store

I must say as I try to get organized some days it just does not work well. We are trying to organize where we have items in the car and get into some sort of routine. I check out the Traveling Companion Book in the order of where we are going. We are basically staying on Highway 90 all the way to N.Y.
Can you just imagine how many quilt stores are just off of Highway 90. You will find out, and we could not hit everyone of them, but we gave it a valiant try.

Our first is at the Dysfunctional Quilter in Whitehall Montana.
Honestly, we were not sure as we followed our GPS what we had gotten ourselves into. But what a fantastic surprise and delight. Out of the blue we came upon this lovely little building in mostly a residential area.
What a surprise again, it is larger than I would have guessed. Quilters supplies all over. Chris was all smiles and laughter. The important ingredient with quilting. I really wish she were closer to Coarsegold. She has the right attitude to make wonderful quilts, and make it look easy. I am sure she is a wonderful teacher.

Cotton Fabrics mixed with wool appliques, patterns and samples.
Then amazing French Fabrics, oh, so soft to handle. 
Quilt up beautifully. 
So very delicate
These fabrics are a specialty, and not many quilt stores handle them. Can I add that the Rep from France is cute.. I quote!
Sorry, I got this a little side ways.. Brazilian Embroidery. Very lovely and delicate,  three dimensional. I can see it being used so many ways.
The Chris asked me if I knew what a Cow Pie is?  Sure I said, Well I won't go into the details, but this is what she calls a Cow Pies here in Whitehall Montana.  Do you recognize it?
Home of the Montana Cow Pie
This is on her front porch. Really shows the variety in the store.  By the way if you could not tell, I am only showing you a small part of the store, it is very big.   Chris has buses coming in from all over, and I can tell you why. Besides all the wonderful items in the shop, there is Chris. She has a lovely personality, charm and bundles of wit. I  really wanted to take her home with me. She is a delight.
I do have more photos, Chris was very generous in telling and showing me around. She was laughing and giggling all the time. And she told me about the wonderful quilting gatherings, along with food, of course, that they all enjoy.. Even had some chickens and ducks join them one day.

I have more photos, but I will leave you with these, but if you are ever up in that area, this is the place to go. Besides the special fabrics, she has the standards for what ever type of quilting you would want to do. And she shares her knowledge, she started quilting at a very young age. 
 
At this rate I will never catch up with all the quilt stores we have been to in 7 Days.  I think I have the issues with phone photos vs computer settled.  By the way, you can reach Chris on Facebook, or in the Quilters Traveling Companion.  I was sorry to leave, and I even had Ralph pop into the store. She takes phone orders if you saw something you want.
 
I will not be telling what I buy in each store, but will take a group photo on the damage and show you later on. We only have so much room in this car.  Please share my blog with friends, in case they are also traveling and quilting or just want to check out quilt store and have fun touring parts of the U.S.A.
 
More stories when I connect again.  It is about 10:PM. 
Thank you Chris for a wonderful start in Montana, you are a special lady!








Comments