Coeur d'Alene to Bonner's Ferry Idaho



We took a quick drive thru  a few blocks of Coeur d'Alene but quickly turned around. It is beautiful don't get me wrong, but we are not into wall to wall people. And the lake is amazing. But glad we did not choose this part of the States 20+ years ago when we were looking to move.  We had just driven through fantastic landscape.


These are hardy people that grow our food and keep our country moving along.
After we had lunch we checked my Quilter's Travel Companion and found Bear Paw Quilters. We purposely drove here because we have a Bear Paw Quilt store in Oakhurst Ca..
This store is very large as you can see from the first photo. Had a nice chat with the ladies. This store was rated one of the Top 10 Quilt Shops, by American Patchwork Mag. a few years ago.
They are a Bernina Dealer also.
Now how much fabric can I buy on this trip?  I need to look for items that I don't have, and something from the area I visit. Does that sound right? I have decided to stick with quilt stores that spent their monies on the Travel Companion. We did stray a couple of times.

Now it takes real strength to walk thru all this fabric, so I just enjoyed chatting with the ladies after I took a few photos. North to Bonner's Ferry.
We arrived at our destination, we are visiting friends in Bonner's Ferry. We are staying at the Log Inn.
What a delight! 
I have to show you a few photos of our room, this is a wonderful place to stay, and delicious breakfasts also.
We met up with our friends and received the grand tour. They love it up here in the mountains, with the tall green trees. The air is so crisp and clear. What is happen at home near and in Yosemite is terrible this year. Fires and a lot of smoke..  More later, to be continued.








Comments