Le Claire, Iowa. Expressions in Threads Iowa Cultureal District


We had a little trouble finding our way, because of street construction. But what a wonderful surprise. The sign on the road said this is a Cultural District. and surprise we are on the Mississippi River.
Also when we parked and stepped out of the car, there was music playing on the street from the lamp post. What fun.. Jazz, of course.


They had just completed a quilt show, and they said they were limited on their kits. But I am not looking for kits or I would be needing a trailer behind the car. Or maybe I would have to ride on top.
I asked the best way to go around Chicago, as we are getting close.. Some route that is nicer than a freeway.
Each time I try to pick out a quilt that might be interesting or different, so there is some variety. 

I chatted with a lovely young lady that had entered the Cherrywood Challenge this year. And is one of the finalists.. Look up that challenge if you have a moment. Sorry, I did not write her name down, but sure hope she won.. Always fun to hear of ladies winning ribbons and "fabric".

The ladies suggested we visit the Buffalo Bill Museum, right next to the Miss. River. Many houses along the roadway are being refurbished. We always like to see a town coming alive or renewal of older homes.

 

Comments