Timberline Gallery- Sat my Day in May.

I always bring lots to do at the gallery, just in case it is a quiet day. But most of the time, don't get much done on my computer.  The artists represented are all local. We change out the gallery every couple of months, and bring in our new art pieces.  That is a big job and takes many artists plus our wonderful leader .  The take down, rehanging of new pieces, writing of tags, and grouping them together to show off the beauty of each piece takes a whole day.  This time one of my pieces is in the front and others also scattered around the gallery. Notice how this grouping blends. My fiber piece "Who Me" is on the right. The others are amazing paintings.  Summer is our busy season, with tourists from all over coming to Oakhurst and then on to Yosemite. This winter was hard with all the snows. Many days we could not get to the gallery, nor up the road from our home.


Who Me? is created with a variety of fabrics, my hand dyed and commercial fabrics, lots of little goodies, buttons, beads, hand sewing,  and machine quilting. It is a fun piece, and colorful as you can see.
We also have smaller items in the gift area. I put some of my hand dyed silk scarves, painted switch plates, ( I have to make more) in the gallery also. The wood piece in the upper left is a piece of wood I found at Bass Lake, and made a fiber hanging for it.  I have two framed fiber pieces in the center area in shadow boxes.  Many of our artists also do smaller pieces for the traveler to put in a suitcase.
I make gift cards and jewelry. I have a case of earrings and necklaces in the front entry. And if you have found a flyer at one of the hotels, such as Best Western, check it out, there is a coupon for a free artists card.

Hopefully if you are in the area you will stop in at Timberline in Gallery Row. There are several galleries to explore. We are just out side of town as you are leaving toward Yosemite on 41.
Stop in and say hi if you are vacationing in the area.

Check out Timberlines Web site, and perhaps the day you are in town, I will be working the gallery. look forward to meeting you. 


Comments